Sunday, January 31, 2010

Under the Dome.

I recently finished reading Stephen King's new book Under the Dome. Both my librarian and I were shocked about how large this book is - over 1,000 pages! But don't let the size intimidate you. I've read a lot of Stephen King's books, and this is one of the best...right up there with Lisey's Story and The Cell. (per my opinion)

It's about a small town in Maine that is suddenly covered underneath an impenetrable dome (and the break down of the entire town.) It was amazing, and he did a very good job with the details. At the end of the book in the author's note he mentions how he wanted to start this book back in the 80's but never felt he could write it the way it needed to be written. I'm glad that he finally wrote it - I think after all of his writing experience he wound up sharpening his skill just enough to compliment the story of this book quite nicely.

If you're a Stephen King fan and have not yet read it, what are you waiting for? I've seen it on sale in a lot of local stores, and it's free at the library.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails