Friday, November 4, 2011

Inspiration Behind the Piece: Celestial Watch

There is something calming about the night sky with the moon and stars hanging in balance in all of the nothingness that is the universe.

I created this Celestial Watch in different stages. I first found the watch face and bought the star beads to match it. I knew I wanted to use black and silver and eventually found the perfect beads. They are dual colored, and they match perfectly with the other components of this watch.

I didn't know I needed to use the gunmetal stardust beads and the antiqued silver pewter spacer beads and the swirl toggle clasp until I sat down and placed the components alongside one another. Everything about this watch design - the colors, shapes, textures...all happen to be a beautiful contrast, but yet one and the same. Silver, black, and grey; just like the universe above and around us.

Thank you so much for reading. This Celestial Watch is currently available here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails