Thursday, February 16, 2012

I want to make my hallway into a gallery.

With the natural lighting of the skylight along with the light that comes through the window in the door, and the two little night lamps on the wall, this space would make a beautiful art gallery.

The wall space is huge, and I could fill in all of that white space with original artwork and prints.

I can collect artwork from Deviant Art, Etsy, and from my own work, and I can find frames at dollar stores and thrift shops.

It would be a great conversation piece at get-togethers, and it would feel so nice, inspiring, and fresh to walk down the art covered hallway.

Hubby and I have lived in this house for 6 months, and drab blank walls are no longer acceptable.

I can't wait to get started. I'll definitely post pictures as I start to add art to the walls. Do you have a gallery in your house? I'd love to see a picture of it. Please feel free to post links to your pictures in the comments.

3 comments:

Annamae said...

You have an AMAZING blank slate there. Hanging up your own work, work you find -- anything would look great there!

Green Subjective said...

I know! I can't believe I didn't have this thought sooner. Though a few months ago I had the thought to build shelves on one side to have a "library" so many options.

Annamae said...

Library would be nice, too, though I don't see if the hall is wide enough for that. @_@ Maybe there's somewhere else in the house that would better fit Bookshelves of Doom?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails