Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stumbled Upon a Great Author

If you haven't yet heard of The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices series yet you need to go check them out now!

I can't remember where I first heard about Cassandra Clare and her books, but I'm thankful to whomever it was that led me to her enchanting stories.

The Mortal Instruments series is about shadowhunters and nephilim, and an ordinary girl that soon discovers that the world she lived in is nothing like it seems. If I had to compare it to other stories or movies currently out in the world, I'd say it was a mix between Harry Potter and The Sword of Truth but not quite as epic. I have only read the first three books in this series as of yet, but they are so gripping and entertaining. I love them.

There is going to be a movie soon to, and I've read over the Internet that it's supposed to be the next Twilight and Harry Potter craze.

The Infernal Devices is fairly new; the second book is due in December 2011. It's a gripping adventure that includes magic and downworlders: warlocks, vampires, and other supernaturals. December feels so far away, but it will definitely be worth the wait.

For more information about these book series you can visit the author's website:
http://cassie-claire.com/cms/home

Thanks for reading! I hope I've inspired someone to also stumble upon these great books.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails