Tuesday, January 3, 2012

10 Interesting Facts about Rabbits

I took this picture of a wild rabbit that was eating under the willow tree in our front yard in the early Autumn. My friend named him "Hugo" and he used to come out everyday to eat by himself. I used to have a pet rabbit so it was hard not to try to pick him up.

I came across this picture, and I decided to find some interesting facts about rabbits. Below are some of the things I found:

1. Rabbits can be litter trained.
2. Rabbits can purr similar to cats.
3. They have 28 teeth that never stop growing.
4. They can jump 36 inches and higher.
5. They can literally be scared to death by predators.
6. Domestic rabbits cannot breed with wild rabbits.
7. They only sweat from the small pads on their feet.
8. They can weigh between 2 and 20 pounds.
9. Rabbits can have false pregnancies.
10. Rabbits can recognize their name as well as a few simple words.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails