Friday, September 26, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 22: BellyBabies

It is important to show the world the charm of handcrafted items, and I plan to do it one artist at a time. Today I feature BellyBabies.

Below you can find her interview:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

My first memory of crafting is when I was about 5 years old, I was sitting at a table behind our kitchen making Valentine's Day cards with my mom and brother. My next memory was probably about 3 years later, knitting a set of little leg warmers for my dog (it was the 80s).

2. What are some of your favorite past times?

Even though I do graphic design in my day job, one of my favorite past times is designing! I have done several of my friend's wedding invitations as well as business cards and logos for their own entrepreneurial pursuits! I also enjoy sewing -in addition to completing a slip cover for my sofa, I have also been working on plushie versions of all the Belly Babies characters. You can check out my plushie penguin here: plushie penguin

3. What do you specialize in?

Belly Babies specializes in cute and fun onesies and t-shirts for infants and toddlers. Bellies - pregnant bellies and babies bellies are what inspire me! Each of the Belly Babies characters was designed starting with the same round belly shape!

4. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I heard about Etsy from a friend of a friend and honestly it took me a long time to actually check out the website. But once I did, I became an Etsy addict!!! I especially love spending time in the forums and learning about other Etsy crafters experiences.

5. How did you choose your shop name?

That was easy! Bellies and babies - that's what Belly Babies is all about!

6. What are your hopes for the future?

My hope for the future is that one day Belly Babies will become a more than just a part time pursuit. I would love to grow our brand explore other areas...I have already started illustrating a children's book based around Belly Babies!

7. How do you feel about custom orders?

We have a number of ways that you can customize an order...in terms of sizing or adding a specific phrase on your shirt. Including: baby brother / big brother / baby sister / big sister

8. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

Oh wow, my workspace is my desk, my backyard, the dining room table, the basement, a big corner of the bedroom...the list goes on! It's taking over!

9. Is there anything else you would like to add?

For the upcoming Christmas season we are offering shirts for your own 'Santa's little helper' and for 'Baby's first Christmas'. So start your shopping early :)

How can people get in contact with you?
http://www.bellybabies.etsy.com or email: info@bellybabies.ca

Thank you so much for reading.

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
http://1337art.etsy.com
http://1337art.silkfair.com

Elite Art for the elite at heart. Featuring jewelry for men and women, art collage, awareness items, bookmarks, cell phone charms, hair accessories, key chains, kilt pin brooches, wine charms, and more.

Custom orders are accepted.

Have you signed up for our newsletter?
Sign up here!

2 comments:

TheresaJ said...

Adorable onesies! Great interview.

Kari said...

Those shirts are precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails