Monday, September 15, 2008

Relax...just relax.

When you're told that you "don't seem to just relax anymore" it puts you in a kind of perspective...a take a step away from yourself for a few seconds perspective. You ask yourself those questions: are you happy with your current living situation? are you happy with yourself? are you being productive? are you giving off positive vibes? It is okay to take a break and just relax.

Just relax.

I light candles, dress in comfy clothes, and cuddle up with a book or a movie. Sometimes I even drink coffee and listen to music. If you can't focus on yourself you can't focus on your creativity.

I admit to being occupied with the computer far more than I should lately. I'm young and ambitious...what can I say?

But I do have a new system going. A couple years ago at a Renaissance fair I bought two leather journals, and neither of them knows what it feels like to be written in. So I have decided, after being inspired by an Etsy forum link, to do this (see formula below:)

September XX, 2008

What are five things you've done to improve your business?
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

What are five things that you have done for yourself?
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Write one creative sentence:

The above is going to become a nightly exercise before I go to sleep. I am going to train myself how to balance things in my life. My writing has been severely lacking in the last couple of years...it's really time to kidnap my muse, tie him to a chair, and make him inspire me.

You are more than welcome to try the above formula yourself. You can even buy a fancy notebook and pen to make it more exciting. (I'm tempted to buy a fancy pen for the occasion myself.)

Thank you so much for reading,

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
http://1337art.etsy.com
http://1337art.silkfair.com

Elite Art for the elite at heart. Featuring jewelry for men and women, art collage, awareness items, bookmarks, cell phone charms, hair accessories, key chains, kilt pin brooches, wine charms, and more.

Custom orders are accepted.

Have you signed up for our newsletter? Sign up here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails