Friday, February 8, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 8: arizonadreams




It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. Today I feature Pam from Phoenix, Arizona. She makes beautiful dream catchers in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles.

Below you can read her interview:

  1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

My mom was an artist. She would go somewhere and sketch and then oil-paint the sketch she had drawn. She had 6 girls and taught us how to crochet, sew and embroider. My first memory was making pot holders on a loom and selling them in the neighborhood for a quarter/pair or 15 cents for one.

2. What do you specialize in?

I love to crochet and cross-stitch, but I've been making dream catchers for almost 20 years now. I love to make each one unique and weave beads into a metallic web. Some say I put magic into them as the recipient has more peaceful dreams.

3. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I've been selling in other venues and another online shop for several years now. The first day I listed some items one sold and I was hooked.

4. What are your hopes for the future?

Just to keep busy in any craft I partake in. I recently made a felted crochet purse that I sent to an elderly friend for Christmas. She loved it. I strive to try new things.

5. What are some of your favorite past times?

Not exactly a tv person, so I spend most free-time making my crafts and going to my 18-year-old son's basketball games. He plays varsity, league and club and is just a great and talented kid (adult?)

6. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

Lots of boxes...I'm really picky about the feathers I use, so I buy huge bags full when I can.



Is there anything you would like to add?

I like to think that my dream catchers are some of the prettiest I've seen. I color coordinate all of them, and my feedback has been awesome. I also like to believe that the recipients are having better dreams. There is more to the legend than the beauty of the dream catcher.

How do you feel about custom orders?

I love custom orders. I've had sport teams, seashell designs, marriage and newborn/twin requests.

You can contact Arizona Dreams through her Etsy shop:
http://www.arizonadreams.etsy.com

She also sells on Handmade Catalog:
http://www.handmadecatalog.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=10

You may also send her an email: pdebyl@gmail.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to read.

Christina
CM Designs
http://www.1337art.etsy.com
Elite Art for the elite at heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails