Sunday, February 17, 2008

Handmade Valentine's Day Success!


This Valentine's Day I found myself running out of time to make things for my coworkers. I decided it would just be best if I bought handmade items instead.

I bought 4 different handcrafted items from 4 different and lovely Etsy artists.

1. Music Gift Tags: kvossdesigns

I used these lovely vintage inspired gift tags to label each gift goodies bag. I ordered a few extra for myself. They are so pretty.

2. Soy Tea Light Candles: Soybyjen75

I bought 3 packs of these amazing tea lights. I highly recommend the hot chocolate, orange, and vanilla bean. Everyone at work loved them! They smell delicious. I will definitely be back for more!

I put each tea light in an individual ziplock bag and labeled the scent. Today I noticed that someone left a little note on the hot chocolate tea light I gave my friend that said "This smells yummy!"



3. Valentine's Day Matchbook Notebooks:

BritsCreativeTouch


I saw her cute little notebooks in a chat room one night, and I thought those would be such a cute addition to my work gift bags.

My supervisor actually thought they were a real matchbook to accompany the tea lights!

They are very well made, and they are great for making little reminder notes.

I convo'd her asking is she could make me a set of 20. She immediately sent me a sample of the different Valentine's Day papers she had...and she had my order finished within the hour!

Talk about great service!





4. Hand Dipped Incense Sticks: Angelicstyles

Incense reminded me of love, and I've also never experimented with them myself. I thought it would be a fun addition to my work gift bags.

I ordered ten different scents...and wow! Each one smelled so good I didn't want to give any away.

They are great quality, and I could smell them even before I opened the package they came in.

I put these 4 ingredients together with a heart patterned cellophane gift bag and some store bought cookies. I had my taxes done the night I planned to make cookies, so I had to settle for store bought or none at all. Everyone at work was very happy to see this lovely little surprise on their desk. A coworker hugged me - she was so grateful!

Handmade items are good, and they make people happy.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Christina
CM Designs
http://1337art.etsy.com
Elite Art for the elite at heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

isnt it great to have so many wonderful items at your finger tips?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails