Thursday, December 4, 2008

Behold the Beauty and Mystery of Photography.

I recently bought myself a new point-and-shoot camera that fits in my purse. My other cameras are large and not as suitable for spontaneous photography opportunities. I've always been highly interested in taking pictures, and now I will be able to pursue that interest on a more daily basis.

Maybe one day I'll offer some prints and cards up for sale, but right now I just want to experiment and get back into the photo-taking... "groove."

I really like taking pictures of objects and nature...things that make you think about what you are looking at. Take the above image for example. What is it? That's a secret.

I remember when my photography class in middle school used pin hole cameras. They were very enjoyable. I would love to have my own dark room someday. Digital photography is great, and it offers an endless array of creativity, but there is something unique and special about traditional film cameras, dark rooms, black and white photography and chemicals.

For the rest of the year I want to put my jewelry making on the back burner and focus on the natural beauty that is nature and still life and unsuspecting family members, friends, and co-workers.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope to bring more mysterious pictures to the table soon.

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
http://1337art.etsy.com
[Elite Art for the elite at heart.] Featuring jewelry for men and women, awareness items, bookmarks, brooches, cards, cell phone charms, clip on earrings, cuff links, hair accessories, wine charms, and more!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails