Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flirting with the Winter and Holiday Spirits.

I just made my first cup of hot chocolate this year - oh how it brings back memories. One taste of this mystical chocolate water, and I am feeling as innocent and naïve as a child. I remember the midnight to 3am car rides stopping back home with just enough time to make another cup of hot chocolate before hitting the road.

This taste mingling with music blaring from the speakers; feeling the comfy-ness of gloves and a scarf, and having the window down to keep us both awake. It was thrilling - and memorable - and real.

The office where I work is decorated for the holidays. The weather outside is getting colder. I can almost see the snowflakes falling and piling up on the roads…I hope it snows in time for Christmas this year.

Snow is always so innocent and youthful. I used to take long (2 or 3 hour) walks in it by myself listening to music and happily getting lost in thought. That seems like ages ago.

[I need to make myself some snowflake earrings.]

Happy Holidays! Enjoy the spirit as Winter approaches.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you find some time to enjoy the beauty and calmness of the Holiday season.

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
http://1337art.etsy.com
[Elite Art for the elite at heart.] Featuring jewelry for men and women, awareness items, bookmarks, brooches, cards, cell phone charms, clip on earrings, cuff links, hair accessories, wine charms, and more!

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

You know, snow use to be fun, but I am so tired of it..But in all honesty, I try and see all the beauty in it..

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Mmmmm, hot chocolate. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails