Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Night Speaks to Me...

For the last few years between the end of summer and the beautiful coming of Autumn I feel more alive; more alert and aware of my surroundings, environment, psych, and self. I feel most at ease and centered late at night...what job? what family drama? what bills? It's just me, alone in my room with the music playing and my hands, my fingers acting on their own accord.

The music sounds different at night too. You don't pay attention to it, but the melodies and the sounds, and the words, and the pauses, and the entire song seem to play just for you. In your mind you envision each individual component and recognize them separately when they bind together into that familiar tune. When you are at one with yourself the music speaks to you when it normally would have no appeal. You begin to appreciate what goes into it, as you appreciate the work you put into your own craft.

I haven't written a story or a poem or a piece of prose for quite awhile. I have been so involved creating jewelry and drowning in the stress of work; both pain and pleasure. It always seems as though Autumn has a special song she sings to arouse both myself and my muse. It's a beautiful, nostalgic feeling that thinking about it leads to a little melancholy.

I have finally let go of the sense of time just for one night. Free to roam, free to soar.

Tonight is the first night Night has spoken this year.

Thank you so much for reading [by the chance you have wandered here.]

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
http://1337art.etsy.com
http://1337art.silkfair.com

Elite Art for the elite at heart. Featuring jewelry for men and women, art collage, awareness items, bookmarks, cell phone charms, hair accessories, key chains, kilt pin brooches, wine charms, and more.

Custom orders are accepted.

Have you signed up for our newsletter? Sign up here!

2 comments:

swanriverstone said...

i love to create at night too, that the best time to feel at peace and let the energy flow:) great blog 1337.I added you to my blog list:)

Ny

Dany said...

I've been feeling the same way about the season change lately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails