Saturday, April 4, 2009

Artfire Artist Feature - ImpressionArt



















It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one artist at a time. Today I feature impressionart. Below you can find her interview:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

I made a paper chain in Kindergarten and from then on I was always creating things. When I took Home Ec in the 9th grade, I learned some sewing. Then I taught myself to knit and to crochet. In my twenties, I was making clothes for myself and the whole family.

2. What are some of your favorite past times?

I enjoy hiking our National Park System, I’m a Disney freak, and cruising is the very best.

3. What do you specialize in?

Right now, I am a jewelry artist specializing in one-of-a-kind, original designs. I like to create pieces to match outfits and individual tastes. I also spend an equal amount of time and effort in knitting and crocheting fashion scarves. I really enjoy trying new materials.

4. What made you decide to open up a shop on Artfire?

I was looking for a website to post a few creations without paying a listing fee. I liked the ‘feel’ of ArtFire and the ease of creating an online presence.


5. How did you choose your shop name?

I was already using ‘impression art’ on twitter and had an email address, so it was a natural extension. I like the saying ‘making a good first impression’ and am fond of impressionist painters.


6. What are your hopes for the future?

I want to make a living [earn an income] and work from home for the rest of my life.

7. How do you feel about custom orders?

Custom orders are the best. You know you are giving the person exactly what they want. I always think about who will be wearing what I am creating. I like to put some TLC into every stitch.

8. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

I have a 6 ft jewelry table in my bedroom and I knit and crochet in bed.

9. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Creating beautiful art pieces isn’t really work, it’s what you have to do.

Please feel free to check out impressionart's Artfire Studio for upcoming items:

http://www.artfire.com/users/impressionart

And also check out her blog:

http://impressionart.wordpress.com/

You can contact impressionart:

via email at impressionartphoto@yahoo.com or phone 561-798-9733

Thank you so much for reading.

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
[Elite Art for the elite at heart.] Featuring jewelry for men and women, awareness items, bookmarks, brooches, cards, cell phone charms, clip on earrings, cuff links, hair accessories, wine charms, and more!

You can also find _1337 Art on:

Twitter / Myspace / Live Journal / Deviant Art / Etsy / Artfire

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails