Sunday, April 5, 2009

For All of the Beaders Out There...!

YOU KNOW YOU’RE A BEADER WHEN ~ TOP 10 LIST

1. An exciting night for you means organizing your massive collection.
2. You have more pairs of pliers than your husband does.
3. The first thing you do while on vacation is flip through the yellow pages to find a bead shop to buy more beads, and you already have over 200 lbs. sitting at home!
4. You count beads and stitches instead of sheep to fall asleep at night.
5. Beading stores know you by your first name, and have your credit card number on file.
6. Every conceivable surface in your home , including your pets, is covered with finished jewelry, multiple beading projects, new beads not yet put away, beads on display, and beaded décor.
7. Your pantry and cupboards have more beads than food in them!
8. Long gone are the cute little bead storage containers. Jumbo sized Costco toolboxes that are full to overflowing, but you still have beads everywhere!
9. You justify buying more beads with one-liners like; “My beading addiction is healthier than smoking” or, “Beads won’t ruin my diet because they don’t have calories.”
10. Your family can’t remember the last time they ate at the kitchen table, which is known as no man’s land under certain death if they dump over your bead board or cups of beads.

Beadaholics Anonymous 12 Step Program

1. I will not stuff beads in every corner of my house.
2. I will not keep nine beading projects going at one time.
3. I will not pick up more beads when I have a tonne at home.
4. I will not let my beading area look like a condemned area.
5. I will not relegate the kitchen table to my beading projects.
6. I will not attend bead shows just to pick up more beads.
7. I will not stock up on more beading supplies just because they are on sale.
8. I will not go off on a tangent when anyone mentions that little word "import".
9. I will not let my beading distract me from fixing dinner.
10. I will not stay up all night beading.
11. I will not buy every bead magazine I see.
12. I will not make promises I cannot keep.

Thank you so much for reading! I found this and thought I would share.

-Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
[Elite Art for the elite at heart.]
Featuring jewelry for men and women, awareness items, bookmarks, brooches, cards, cell phone charms, clip on earrings, cuff links, hair accessories, wine charms, and more!

You can also find _1337 Art on:
Twitter / Myspace / Live Journal / Deviant Art / Etsy / Artfire

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails