Saturday, April 18, 2009

Etsy Artist Feature - SouthernGirlFlorals

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items. Today I feature SouthernGirlFlorals from Victoria, Texas.

You can read her interview below:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

My first memory of crafting has to be helping my Mom and Grandma decorate Christmas wreaths at my Grandma's house when I was a little girl.

2. What are some of your favorite past times?

I love taking dance lessons with my husband. We first started right before our wedding, but now three years later, we have taken swing lessons and also two-step lessons. It is so much fun and also a great workout. We also go to a professional football game each year. We pick a different city each time.

3. What do you specialize in?

I specialize in front door wreaths mainly. I make them using a grapevine base and artificial flowers. I do occasionally make swags and floral arrangements though.

4. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I heard about Etsy from my sister-in-law. I was selling wreaths on Ebay before that, but I decided to check out Etsy. It just seems more like a family, not so impersonal.

5. How did you choose your shop name?

(Southern) because I'm from Texas and proud of it! I also wanted something that sounded youthful (Girl)(I am in my twenties). And then (Florals) because I wanted people to know what I sold by looking at my name - Southern Girl Florals.

6. What are your hopes for the future?

I hope to continue to sell my wreaths to very happy customers. And I just want to have fun doing it!

7. How do you feel about custom orders?

I love custom orders! Those turn out to be some of my favorite wreaths. It is great because there is a part of the customer in those wreaths, whether it be the color choices or the theme, they get to put their own input into the creation.

8. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

My living room! In our new house I will have my own craft room, but until then I have to make due.

9. Is there anything else you would like to add?

I want to thank all of my customers for all of their business and also their kind words. Without them, none of this would be possible.

You can contact SouthernGirlFlorals directly from her Etsy Shop:

http://southerngirlflorals.etsy.com

Thank you so much for reading!!

-
Christina
CM Designs dba 1337 Art
[Elite Art for the elite at heart.]

Featuring jewelry for men and women, awareness items, bookmarks, brooches, cards, cell phone charms, clip on earrings, cuff links, hair accessories, wine charms, and more!

You can also find _1337 Art on:
Twitter / Myspace / Live Journal / Deviant Art / Etsy / Artfire

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails