Thursday, January 17, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 3: jonikay52

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. Today I feature Joni Kay from Maine. She is an artist of many talents that include jewelry making, bath and body (candles and lotions), and fine art photography. She gladly welcomes custom orders.

Below you will find a picture of the penguin everlasting candle that I purchased for my brother for Christmas. Joni was very friendly to work with, and she made sure I received the item before Christmas. It is beautiful and cute and fun to the touch:



Following are some of Joni's favorite creations:


Moose Honey Soap


Goats Milk and Honey Creme


Heart Rose and Wire Art Jewelry Set


Lighthouse Photography


Lobster Photography

And below you will find Joni's interview:


1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

As a little girl I loved doing crafts sewing clothes, home decorations, art and designing cards with my Mother and Grandmother. We're a crafty family.

2. What do you specialize in?

Jewelry, bath and candles.

3. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I need a larger buyers market for my many quality products.

4. What are your hopes for the future?

More sales and happy customers buying my products at fair prices.

5. What are some of your favorite past times?

Self taught wire art jewelry designing, pottery, candle making, tole painting free hand is more creative for me, making bath and beauty products and photography. As you can see my hobbies usually turn into a business.

6. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

My creativity flows at the kitchen table. My favorite products are wire art jewelry, moose honey soap with pinecones, everlasting candles, prim jar candles, and the perfect goats milk and honey creme.

You may contact Joni with any questions or custom order requests through Etsy at


http://www.jonikay52.etsy.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Feel free to leave comments and visit the featured Etsy Artist's shops.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails