Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Time For Awareness...

Being a jewelry designer, I wanted to use what I do to benefit people that are in need. I've started designing various items from jewelry to key chains to cell charms.

All profits of these items that are sold are donated to the respective causes. It's my way of helping out the world. Below you will find a few of the causes I have chosen to start with:

Autism is a brain development disorder that causes repetitive and restricted behavior. It impairs social interaction and communication. Children, mostly male, develop this condition before they are three years old.

Childhood Apraxia of Speech is a motor speech disorder. For reasons not yet fully understood, children with apraxia of speech have great difficulty planning and producing the precise, highly refined and specific series of movements of the tongue, lips, jaw and palate that are necessary for intelligible speech.

Breast Cancer is the third most common cause of cancer death in the United States alone. Women have a 1 in 8 chance of developing the disease, and a 1 in 33 chance of it causing their death.

Heart Disease kills 1 person every 34 seconds in the United States alone. It is a number of abnormal conditions affecting the heart and its blood vessels. It is the number one killer in America.

You can find my growing selection of Awareness items at my Etsy shop. Show your support with style: Elite Art for the elite at heart:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5321865&section_id=5236026

I will be adding more items from time to time. If you have any special requests, I would be happy to hear them.

Thank you for reading,
Christina
CM Designs
http://www.1337art.etsy.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails