Friday, January 25, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 5: woodcraft

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. Today I feature Travis from Florence, Alabama. He handcrafts beautiful clocks and patterns for your mosaic projects. His clocks would make a great gift for anyone you know who collects clocks--these are unique! They are all of his own design, and below you will see his favorite pieces as of date:


South Western 3D Clock available at www.woodcraft.etsy.com



Luck of the Irish 3D Clock available at www.woodcraft.etsy.com


Below you may read Travis' interview:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?


Kindergarden I didn't want to go to first grade out of fear that I wouldn't be able to paint anymore.

2. What do you specialize in?

Wood Carving with my Dremel rotary tool mainly. I love to design stuff .

3. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I thought it would be exciting to meet new people and along the way sell a few items that I make for family and friends.

4. What are your hopes for the future?

I'm really not that sure about the future. I like to take it one day at a time.

5. What are some of your favorite past times?

I like redesigning my websites whenever the mood hits me. I really like thinking of new things I can make out of wood and other materials and exploring new techniques to make new things.

6. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

Not big enough actually. I could use a little more space. But I'm grateful for what I have.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I am really glad to have found Etsy. I was starting to think the internet was one giant blob of retail stuff until I came across Etsy.

How do you feel about custom orders?

I would welcome any custom order. That would be truly exciting!

You may contact Travis at his Etsy shop:

www.woodcraft.etsy.com

or you may email him at

contact@metawebpages.com

Thank you much for reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails