Sunday, January 27, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 6: uniquecharm

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. Today I feature Leslie from Raleigh, NC. Inspiration comes easy to her, and you can see her love of creativity in her handcrafted items. Looking for a unique gift? Leslie loves the challenge of fulfilling special requests--feel free to ask her! Below you will see some of her favorite pieces:



"In the Eyes of Love"
Available at http://www.uniquecharm.etsy.com

"Diamonds are Forever"
Available at http://www.uniquecharm.etsy.com


"A Few of my Favorite Things"
Available at http://www.uniquecharm.etsy.com


Below you will find her interview:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

Since i was in Kindergarten my favorite class was Art. I remember making these paper turtles that had cone shaped shell's & we glued the head, arms, legs, & tail on. He also got a string on the tip on his nose so we could pull them around with us all day.

2. What do you specialize in?
I specialize in polymer clay. I'm also open to customized idea's from customers. If i can visualize it, it will happen, somehow.

3. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I saw that everyone was doing those little polymer clay foods. I just up & decided one day i was going to start. I went to the craft store bought what i wanted then started. I tried to get the edge & do things no one else does. I made a skittle charm, chocolate sushi, & even double chocolate tart dulce de leche cheesecake.

4. What are your hopes for the future?

For 2008 i want to make at least 150 sales. I've only been here for almost 2 months so i*m just trying to get my name out there. I*m also going to try to put together a newsletter, to feature etsy.com shops & people. Kind of a behind the shop section.

5. What are some of your favorite past times?

I love sitting on the balcony at my apartment because we've got a lake view, posted up on the rail with a cup of hot cocoa. There are geese everywhere! The scenes so beautiful. I also listen to a lot of music. I find inspiration in almost everything.

6. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

Messy, but kept. ;]

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I want to wish everyone featured & not the best of luck! It's hard but it's worth it to see the e-mail from paypal. Gives a certain feeling knowing someone is getting something you made from the heart expressed with your hands.

How can people get in contact with you?
My Shop is: http://www.uniquecharm.etsy.com
My Blog is: http://www.uniquecharms.blogspot.com
My e-mail address is: LesliesUniqueCharm@yahoo.com

Picture of the Artist hard at work!



Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Feel free to leave comments, as Leslie would be most appreciative of them!

Respectfully Yours,
Christina
CM Designs
http://www.1337art.etsy.com

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks Art!!that's so awesome!! i think I*m going to do the same, be expecting questions in the next few days! Gahh!! i shoulda picked a better picture

Green Subjective said...

:) You are very welcome! I hope you get a boost in sales!

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails