Friday, January 18, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature 4: Analiese

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. Today I feature Analiese from Milford, Connecticut. She handcrafts an amazing variety of polymer clay pendants as well as jewelry.

Here you will see a few of her favorites:



Orange Owl


Surf and Sand Confetti Bracelet


Custom Photo Pendant featuring Analiese's son.

Not only does she have so many lovely designed pendants, but she offers custom photo pendants--you choose your own personal photo, and she will make it into a pendant! She also accepts your children's artwork to be made into a pendant! Talk about a great, personalized gift!

She also offers this custom service to Etsy artists--they have the opportunity to have their artwork appear as a pendant.

Below you will find Analiese's interview:

What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

Well - I think I started crafting very young - I used to make my own Barbie clothes and make anything I could out of anything I could find - my father is very artistic - so I think I got the "art" genes from him.

What do you specialize in?

Right now - my specialty is Polymer clay pendants, however, I also make beaded and wire jewelry that are mostly shown at my craft fairs. I sell the pendants on Etsy and my other website along with a few of my finished jewelry pieces. The custom Photo pendants are very popular - especially around the holidays.

What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I have another website and found out about Etsy in the forums - I thought the price was reasonable and I loved the design - so I figured it could not hurt, and I am so glad I did.

What are your hopes for the future?

I am currently looking for a full time teaching job, so I will continue with my jewelry and pendants for as long as time allows. If I do get a full time job - I really hope to continue because I love making them - but it just may not be to the extent that I am doing them now.

What are some of your favorite past times?

I love going to the movies and have started to bring my son over the past few years - so he loves it as well. I love cold winters and snow and sitting in front of our fireplace. I have always loved going to arts and craft shows even before I started my own booth - I just love seeing all the talented artists out there.

Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

Cluttered, messy, intrusive (my dining room table) :)

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I think a big key to a good business is great customer service - and I really try to be as friendly and accommodating as possible. I want my customers to be happy with the product and service - so I will continue to do whatever I can to keep up with my philosophy.

You can e-mail Analiese at anadesigns@snet.net or visit her websites

http://www.analiese.etsy.com
http://www.analiesedesigns.com


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails