Thursday, January 17, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature: Jeaneb48

It is important to show the world the charms of handcrafted items, and I plan to do this one Etsy artist at a time. I chose to feature Jeane first because she was one of the first Etsy Artists I have purchased items from (on more than one occasion).

She resides in the state of Illinois offering a variety of handcrafted goods. She loves to accomodate custom orders to help people receive exactly what they are looking for. I've personally asked her to make me a couple of mini tote bags to use for Christmas gifts. She happily did so. You will find some images of her lovely creations below:



Her words of advice:

I am my worst critic as most crafters are I think, but never get discouraged, just try a little harder next time to make it perfect.

Below you will find some interview questions Jeane kindly answered for me:

1. What is the first memory of crafting that you can recall?

I remember my very first project at about age 13, was a pair of flannel tiger pajamas for my nephew that even included the tail that was not part of the pattern, it was an add-on of my own creation. That was the start of my obsession.

2. What do you specialize in?

I guess if I specialized in anything it would be simple fabric quilts and crochet afghans, when I make one of those there is a family member that snatches it right away, they are usually created with a special personality behind it.

3. What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?

I have crafted for many years, I did the craft show and flea markets for a few years, but due to a health disability it became to difficult to take my craft outside the home. My niece introduced me to Etsy and it is a wonderful way to continue to do what I love in the comfort and convenience of my home.

4. What are your hopes for the future?

My hopes for the future would be a continued slow progression for my disability so I can enjoy and share all aspects of life with my family especially my grandchildren.

5. What are some of your favorite past times?

Favorite pastimes..wow..besides crafts, I love reading, my favorite authors has to be Stephen King and Dean Koontz, sometimes I cheat and get audio books and listen while I craft. Country music and old movies, the 2 box kleenex type, and cooking, the kitchen is my second favorite place to be in.

6. Try to sum up your workspace in as few words as possible.

My workspace is cramped but cozy, cluttered but a neat clutter. Quiet and relaxing, my first favorite place to be in.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Not a lot to me, I'm just a simple little grandma that adores my grandkids and likes to keep the hands and fingers working.

You may contact Jeane through Etsy @ http://www.jeaneb48.etsy.com or at her flickr account:

http://flickr.com/photos/mamajeansfamily/sets/72157603595824878/


or you may email her at jeaneb48@yahoo.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails